Change of Classification Test

Residential Electricians (RE’s) and Residential Wiremen (RW’s) may apply for the Change of Classification Test. The results of the test will determine which year of the Upgrade Program that you will begin, or potentially “test out” to ‘A’ Journeyman Wireman.

Applications will be reviewed by the Examining Board, at our regularly scheduled meetings. Applications that have been approved, will be scheduled for testing at the first available date.

Residential Electricians may submit a copy of their Journeyman’s License, issued by a local or state regulatory authority, to the Residential Referral office and be reclassified as a Residential Wireman.

If you have any questions or additional documentation you may email them to:

For the Change of Classification Test, please go here:


This website was built, hosted and produced by IBEW members - WebConnectivity LLC